Sports and Entertainment Law
FABARA & COMPAÑIA ABOGADOS provides legal advisory services in all aspects related to sport and entertainment, advising athletes, artists and entities operating in these sectors. With a team with specialized knowledge in these branches and with the multidisciplinary support of the firm, we provide personalized and quality advice to our clients, especially in the following areas:
1.- Sports and Entertainment Entities:
- Corporate advice for the analysis, design and constitution of legal vehicles for the administration of sports and entertainment entities (companies, trusts, civil societies, among others).
- Registration and protection of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, distinctive signs, image rights, television rights and protection against piracy and ambush.
- Tax advice on tax compliance, planning and tax optimization through the design of efficient structures.
- Advice to sports entities on good governance rules for the implementation of administration and control mechanisms, especially in the management bodies.
- Compliance with the legislation of fair and free competition, especially on the Organic Law of Regulation and Control of Market Power.
- General legal advice for new projects and start – ups, especially those related to new technologies, e – sports, websites, video games, mobile applications, among others.
2.- Athletes and artists:
- Tax advice to athletes and artists in the fulfillment of tax obligations, planning and tax optimization through the design of efficient structures.
- Contractual advice to sportsmen and artists in the conclusion of sponsorship contracts; contracts for the assignment of intellectual property; contracts with agents or representatives; merchandising contracts; contracts for the management and operation of sports facilities; among other contracts.
- Advice on conflict resolution before the ordinary courts; disciplinary procedures before Federations and national or international mediations and arbitrations, especially before the Center of the Chamber of Mediation and Dispute Resolution of the FEF and the TAS.
- Labor advice to sportsmen and artists in the celebration or extinction of labor contracts.
- Registration and protection of intellectual property rights, especially trademarks, distinctive signs, image rights and protection against piracy.
- Provision of migratory advisory services in obtaining the most convenient migratory category and naturalization of foreigners.
3.- Organizers of large events:
- In addition to the advice focused on sports and entertainment entities, we will advise the organizers of large events in the following areas:
- Elaboration and negotiation of headquarters contracts for the celebration of the event.
- Regulatory advice to obtain the necessary permits for the celebration of the event.
- Advice on the drafting of guarantees and insurance.