FABARA & COMPAÑIA ABOGADOS has a division specialized in advising and attending to all aspects related to the protection of intellectual property rights and new technologies. In these aspects represents and is responsible for the protection of intellectual property rights of natural or legal persons, national or foreign, in Ecuador and other countries.
Its members are members of different national and international associations, especially for the protection of intellectual property rights, such as, “International Trademark Association” (INTA), “International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property” (AIPPI), “American Intellectual Property Law Association” (AIPLA), “European Communities Trade Mark Association” (ECTA), the Interamerican Association for Industrial Property (ASIPI), Licensing Executive Society Colombia/Ecuador/Peru (LES). This allows the members of the Firm to be fully informed about the situation of Intellectual Property in other countries, which has been a propitious opportunity to establish close relationships with lawyers and intellectual property agents around the world, with whose firms several correspondents are maintained.
Among the areas of specialization are:
- Advice on the protection of industrial property rights: patents, utility models, industrial designs, trademarks and other distinctive signs, commercial slogans, trademarks and trade names, appellations of origin and their defense.
- Advice on the protection of breeders’ rights, their defense and audits related to the payment of royalties.
- Advice on the protection of copyrights: works, computer programs, databases and their defense.
- Advice on the protection and management of rights derived from new technologies: electronic commerce, management of information in networks, digitalization of contents, obtaining the registration of domain names and their defense.
- Administration, control and surveillance of intellectual property rights in Ecuador and other countries.
- Protection and defense of intellectual property rights in Ecuador and other countries and specialized litigation.
- Negotiation, drafting and conclusion of license agreements, franchise and technology transfer, contracts for the drafting of works, publishing or music.
- Advising in the solution of conflicts by common and alternative means.
- Unfair competition actions.
- Advice on the application of legal provisions in other areas that affect intellectual property rights.