- 2003 – present: Founding Partner of FABARA & COMPAÑIA ABOGADOS
- 2013: Legal Advisor to the Ministry of Foreign Trade, Industrialization, Fisheries and Competitiveness and Executive Director of the Foreign Trade and Investment Council – COMEXI.
- 1987 – 2003: Partner of Larreátegui & Fabara
- 1984 – 1986: Director of the Administrative and Financial Department in the Vice-Presidency of the Republic of Ecuador.
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Inter-American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI)
- International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Licensing Executives Society Colombia/Ecuador/Peru (LES)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- The Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- 1992: Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador: Doctor in Jurisprudence.
- 1991: Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador: Attorney at Law.
- 1989: Pontificia Universidad Católica: Bachelor in Law.
- 1985: Universidad de México: Personnel Management.
María Rosa Fabara Vera is the partner of FABARA & COMPAÑIA ABOGADOS. With more than 25 years of experience, she provides permanent legal advice to national and foreign clients, especially in matters related to mergers and acquisitions, regulatory matters, corporate matters, public procurement, public-private alliances, and in the areas of economic competition and intellectual property. Ms. Fabara has extensive experience in providing legal advice to the pharmaceutical, insurance and prepaid medicine sectors, construction, infrastructure, project finance, among others.
Has an outstanding and very recognized experience in the area of Intellectual property, especially in trademarks, patents, copyrights, plant varieties, new technologies, unfair competition, especially in the litigation area.
Maria Rosa is characterized by her holistic knowledge of Ecuadorian law, with a deep understanding in the areas of her professional practice, which allows her to provide comprehensive advice to the clients of FABARA & COMPAÑIA ABOGADOS. She is widely known for providing creative solutions, and for the design and implementation of strategies in defense of the interests of the clients of FABARA & COMPAÑIA ABOGADOS.
Is a member of several boards of directors of private corporate groups. She is the leading attorney in the area of Intellectual Property and Competition, so she has a broader perspective in the Corporate/Commercial practice. At Legal 500 she is praised for her “great negotiating skills”.
Dr. Fabara has chaired and been a member of the Board of Directors of the Ecuadorian-Colombian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in several periods, and President of the Federation of Binational Chambers of Ecuador – FECABE also in several periods. She also chaired the Council of Chambers and Associations of Production of Ecuador.